When the dust settles, when all of this over, I know we will have changed. And while I admit there will be pain, I also believe we will be given a new lease on life.
That new lease, that’s a good thing. It will be made from the things we gained–and the things I imagine we will have gained, that I hope we gain . . .
- an appreciation for every worker, in every industry, in every position
- a more mindful attitude towards essential goods–what is and is not truly essential
- a revived passion and support for the arts, the arts being where so much of our pain and worry has been released
- a renewed spirit of advocacy–for workers, for the climate, for communities long neglected
- gratitude for the very smallest of things–things we realize now, are actually great levers of joy and security